Dr. Ekstrom with Eva and Ambassador Launer, one week after her facelift.
18
JUN

COVID-19 Update

End of COVID Pandemic Almost Here!

Dr. Ekstrom with Eva and Ambassador Launer, one week after her facelift.

My apologies for the delay in getting this update out to you! Dr. Ekstrom and I have both been in Massachusetts all week doing, of all things, facelifts and rhinoplasties together. Dr. Ekstrom had an amazing recovery following her facelift. The day after her surgery, she was online attending the New England Plastic Surgery Society meeting, the following day we went out for lunch, and the next, she accompanied me to work and came in every day last week! On Friday, exactly a week after her surgery, we went to the Austrian Consul General’s home in Los Angeles for a diplomat event - our first post COVID live LA Consular Corps event! The next morning, we both went to LAX, Dr. Ekstrom flew back to MA, and I flew to the Bay Area to see patients. This was a nostalgic trip for me! I moved to SoCal 21 years ago but have continued to see my old and many new patients in the Bay Area since then on a fairly regular basis. This was my last time seeing patients at the Arlen Ness facility in Dublin! In July, going full circle, I will see patients at the office I built in 1990 in Blackhawk, now Dr. Stompro’s office... and thereafter, the schedule is uncertain. Going both to NorCal and Massachusetts so frequently is wearing on me and I have to curtail future NorCal trips. After Arlen’s I flew to Boston on an overnight flight.

Last patient day at Arlen’s in Dublin

Last patient day at Arlen’s in Dublin

Massachusetts was a blast! The day I arrived was Dr. Ekstrom’s 69th birthday and I had a little surprise party planned for her. A room full of her friends and family were waiting for us as we walked in! We had excellent food and a mariachi band to liven up the atmosphere! A number of our dear friends from California flew out for the event as well and the next day, we took the out-of-towners to Boston for a walking tour of the historic older parts of the town – and of course, a fabulous meal in the North End!

Happy Birthday, Deb - 9th day after facelift!

Happy Birthday, Deb - 9th day after facelift!

I flew back to OC late last night and am getting back to my routine back at OCPS this morning. Sitting in the limo to BOS and at the airport last night, it was evident that the COVID pandemic is waning. Traffic to the airport was heavy, the airport was packed (still, with people wearing masks because Federal regulations require mask wearing) and all of the shops and restaurants at the airport are now open. Massachusetts and California have now lifted all COVID restrictions and people can walk around mask free and not worry about social distancing. COVID is not completely gone – LA County confirmed 8 new deaths and 249 new cases of COVID-19 yesterday, unvaccinated people are still getting sick and dying (hint, hint to those not yet vaccinated!). An interesting statistic I saw from the AMA this week is that 96% of actively practicing physicians have been vaccinated – what happened to the other 4%, do they not believe in the germ theory of disease?

Stay healthy! Stay happy and persevere! Feed the Courage Wolf and starve the Fear Wolf!

The end of the pandemic is almost here! Go conquer another mountain!

Get vaccinated! Enjoy the world - travel!

Be grateful for what you have now and for what is on the horizon - vaccines for everyone.

If you need Dr. Ekstrom or Dr. Bunkis, please call 949-888-9700 or visit our websites at:

www.orangecountyplasticsurgery.com

Or for MA location, call 508-755-4825 or visit
www.salisburyps.com

You can respond in the comment section below or write to me at bunkis@ocps.com or Dr. Ekstrom at mds@salisburyps.com

Thanks for staying in touch and for your feedback!